Laser Skin Rejuvenation
REMODEL COLLAGEN & IMPROVE TEXTURE
Stimulate collagen growth, eradicate redness, improve skin elasticity, decrease pore size and diminish fine lines.WHAT LASER DO YOU USE?
We use the ND YAG laser for skin rejuvenation. This can be used on the face, neck or décolletage.
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT FEEL LIKE?
The treatment is quite comfortable.You will feel a warm sensation on your skin during the laser facial.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER MY LASER FACIAL?
Immediately after the treatment, your skin may be a little pink.It is normal for the treated area to feel like sunburn for a few hours. Aloe Vera gel may be used to cool the skin after treatment, and in the case of mild swelling you may apply a cold compress.
You may apply makeup straight after the treatment and can resume normal activities immediately.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
You will need 3 treatments spaced 2 weeks apart.
ARE THERE ANY RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS?
Certain medications may affect your laser treatment if they are photosensitive (such as RoAccutane and Retin A) which can cause pigmentation. If you are taking any medications it is best to inform your Laser Specialist so they can ensure the best possible treatment results for you.
ARE THERE ANY PRE OR POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid the use of any retinoid, glycolic acid or any astringents a week before your treatment.
- Limit Sun exposure and solarium use for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment (apply SPF 30 + sunscreen daily on areas being treated).
- Treatment within 2 weeks of active tanning (natural sunlight and/or tanning booth) may result in hypo-pigmentation (white spots) that may not clear for several months.
- Do not apply a topical fake tan 1 week prior to treatment. This may be reapplied as soon as the treatment area is healed.
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days after the treatment to reduce the chance of any light or dark spots appearing. Although these marks are only superficial they may take a few months to disappear. Use SPF 30+ or higher throughout the course of treatment.
- Avoid anything that will make the treatment area hot directly after your treatment. This includes hot baths, sun and excessive exercise.
- Avoid the use of any retinoid, glycolic acid or any astringents for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming pools or spas with chlorine and chemicals directly after your treatment.