Why You Should Try This Laser Facial at Simply Laser
These days, there are no shortages of amazing non-surgical skin treatments to help improve your skin's appearance. You can choose from chemical a peel to skin needling and a laser facial. We, of course, recommend our laser treatment: laser skin rejuvenation. If you are concerned with ageing skin or hyperpigmentation, then read on! Here’s everything to know about this laser facial procedure and how it can benefit your skin.
What is a Laser Facial?
A laser facial, like our skin rejuvenation treatment, is very different from a traditional facial. There’s no doubt that traditional facials can be relaxing and produce some great results. However, these results are typically no match for what can be achieved with a facial that uses a laser.
Why is that, you ask? Well, traditional facials tend to focus on the surface layer of the skin, whereas a facial using laser technology penetrates the deeper layers of the skin known as the dermis and hypodermis.
Laser skin rejuvenation uses light technology to penetrate the skin and stimulate collagen, improve skin elasticity, diminish fine lines and eradicate redness. Some laser facials remove the outer layers of your skin to achieve optimum results. The good thing about this particular facial is that it is non-invasive and does not affect the outer layers of the skin. At Simply Laser, we use the ND:YAG laser, which can be used on the face, décolletage and neck.
Benefits of Laser Skin Rejuvenation
So, why should you try this laser facial treatment? Laser skin rejuvenation offers many benefits to most skin types. Here’s what you can expect:
This treatment works to stimulate collagen and restore natural skin proteins deep within the skin’s dermal layers, helping to tighten the skin and remove any fine lines. By targeting the melanin in any pigmented areas of the skin, this laser facial can also safely remove any pigmentation such as age spots and acne scars.
The ND:YAG is a non-ablative laser, meaning it targets specific skin cells without damaging or peeling the top layers of the skin or causing discomfort.
If you are after a procedure that offers effective results in only a few treatments, then laser skin rejuvenation is for you. We recommend three treatments spaced two weeks apart. Results are so quick, there’s virtually no downtime! You can resume normal activities and apply makeup immediately after your treatment.
What to do Before and After Your Treatment
Before you receive this treatment, there are a couple of key steps that you should follow:
- Limit sun exposure for at least two weeks prior to your treatment. If you do need to go into the sun, make sure to apply SPF 30+ at minimum, every 2 hours. This is because the sun can make the skin more sensitive to heat. By using a laser on heat sensitive skin, you are increasing your chances of hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- You should also limit any topical tanning (self-tanning or booths) at least one week before your treatment. Whether your tan is real, or in this case, fake, it can still make your skin more sensitive to the heat from the laser.
- Avoid using skincare products containing retinoid and glycolic acid at least one week before your treatment.
Post-treatment, it is imperative to avoid…
- Sun exposure for a few days. Use an SPF 30+ if you do need to go in the sun.
- Anything that will make the treatment area hot (i.e. baths and exercise) directly after the treatment.
- Retinoid, retinol and glycolic acid skincare products for at least 24 hours.
- Swimming pools and spas with chlorine directly after your treatment.
Try this Laser Facial at Simply Laser
Does our laser skin rejuvenation sound like a treatment for you? Book this laser facial online or give us a call to discuss this treatment in further detail. We also offer a free consultation appointment to discuss your skin concerns and other potential treatment options.